Winter is almost here, so we wanted to share some of the programs available this winter for K-12 students and adults through the (CAELI) Community-Based Partner Hub (the Hub)!
With a wide array of programs offered throughout the winter season, the Hub is a great place to start when looking for environmental education-focused field trips, virtual activities, competitions, and more! Our environmental education community-based partners have programs for students of all ages with a variety of free and fee-based opportunities.
Don’t wait to sign up for your 2021/2022 winter program! See the list of available programs below, and join the Hub to learn more!
Visit the Hub today and use the filters to find the right programs for you. Filter by program type, grade level, cost, location, and more!
California Coastal Commission California King Tides Project – All Grades, Afterschool, School-based, Free
MEarth Winter Community Connection: December 19, 2021 – All Grades, Educational Event, Fee
Nature Detectives Winter Wisdom – Grades K-3, Afterschool, Homeschool, Professional Development, Virtual, Fee
All Programs Available on the Hub for the Winter Season
Acterra You(th) Be the Change – Grades 6-8, Afterschool, Virtual, School-based, Free
- Science Sampler Grades 5-12, Field Trip, Homeschool, School-based, Virtual, Free
- Tidepool Explorations Grades K-12, Field Trip, Homeschool, School-based, Virtual, Free
California Academy of Sciences Distance Learning – Grades K-8, Virtual, Free
- California King Tides Project All Grades, Afterschool, School-based, Free
- Climate Video Challenge Grades 6-12, Competition, Free
- Coastal Art & Poetry Contest Grades K-12, Competition, Free
California Department of Fish and Wildlife Trout in the Classroom – All Grades, Field Trip, School-based, Virtual, Workshop
Camp Ocean Pines Coastal Institute – Grades K-12, Residential Camp, Field Trip, Fee
Durham Ferry Outdoor Education Center Classroom Aquarium Education Program – All Grades, School-based, Free
Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Education Branch Rock! Pattern! Systems! – Grade 4, Field Trip, School-based, Free
Heal the Bay Aquarium Field Trips – Grades TK-12, ECE, Field Trip, Virtual, Fee
Kern Environmental Education Program Camp KEEP – Grades 5-7, Residential Camp, Fee
Living Classroom After School/Enrichment – Grades TK-8, Fee
- Canoes in Sloughs Grades 6-12, Adults, Field Trip, Homeschool, Fee
- Discovery Voyage Grades 4-12, Adults, Field Trip, Homeschool, Fee
- Inland Voyage All Grades, Afterschool, Homeschool, School-based, Workshop Fee
- Shoreside All Grades, Afterschool, Field Trip, Homeschool, Fee
- Tidepool Grades 3-12, Adults, Afterschool, Field Trip, Homeschool, Workshop, Fee
The Marine Mammal Center Ocean Conservation Leaders – Grades 9-12, Afterschool or Virtual, Fee
Monterey Bay Aquarium Teacher Professional Development – Adults, Professional Development, Workshop, Free
Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District Let’s Go Outdoors – All Grades, Field Trip, Free
Napa County Resource Conservation District Acorns to Oaks – Grades 4-12, Afterschool, or school-based, Free
NatureBridge School & Group Environmental Science in Yosemite National Park – Grades 4-12, Residential Camp, Fee
- Enhanced Whale Watching Cruise Grades K-6, Afterschool, Residential Camp, Field Trip, Homeschool, Fee
- Marine Protected Area Science Cruises Grades 6-12, Family, Field Trip, Fee
Sacramento Splash Investigating Vernal Pools – Grades 4-5, Field Trip, Homeschool, School-based, Virtual, Free
San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy Citizen’s Science – Adults, Seniors, Family, Education Event, Field Trip, Free
- Energize Schools Grades TK-12, ECE, Adults, School-based, Virtual, Competition, Free
- School Sustainability Competitions Grades 6-12, Competition, Educational Event, School-based, Virtual, Free
Sonoma State University Naturalist Ed Series: Become an Osborn Naturalist – Adults, Professional Development, Field Trip, Workshop, School-based
- Bird School Project Life Science Unit Grades 5-12, Field Trip, Fee
- Bird School Virtual Class Visits Grade 7, Virtual, Fee
Waterwise Community Center Instructor-led Field Trips – Grades TK-12, Field Trip, Homeschool, School-based, Free
The Hub promotes environmental literacy by building educator awareness of environmental education community-based partners and their products and services and fosters educator-partner relationships for increased student enrichment and engagement.
The California Environmental Literacy Initiative (CAELI), led by Ten Strands, works statewide with guidance from a leadership council to create systems change in support of environmental literacy with a focus on access, equity, and cultural relevance for all students.
Ten Strands weaves stakeholders and strategies together into strong, focused education partnerships, with the goal of raising environmental literacy by providing high-quality environment-based learning and hands-on education to all California K–12 students. Ten Strands acts as an incubator and a catalyst to create collaborations, build capacity, and transform systems to increase their impact and sustainability.